A Patient Review Instrument, known as a PRI, and Screen can be done in any setting such as a home, Independent Living and Assisted Living facilities, among others. The only individuals that can complete this assessment include RNs that are certified in the PRI and Screen. Our certified nurse will do the PRI on a fee-for-service basis. The PRI assesses a patient’s current medical, physical, and cognitive status. The Screen determines the patient’s ability to return to the community or qualify for long term placement.
Reasons for getting a PRI and Screen include:
- Determine what level of care is needed for a patient.
- Help families understand what their options for living arrangements may be.
- Educate families about sources of payment and resources available.
- Assist them to live as independently as possible.
- Required by NYS prior to admission to any long-term care facility, otherwise known as a skilled nursing facility or nursing home and is valid for 30 days.
- One of the first steps in applying for Medicaid
When you are determining which level of care your senior loved one needs, our Happier at Home team can help you. We want to be a resource for you to help you navigate this time. contact us today.