This Fall, plan activities that whole family can enjoy! Consider these family-friendly activities that can accommodate all ages:
- Go apple picking. An excursion that everyone can enjoy, apple picking is the perfect Fall activity for all ages. Walk up and down the beautiful orchards, pick a fresh apple to bite into, and gather a bunch of apples to bake into a pie later on!
- Watch a football game. Take a TV break from the Thanksgiving commotion to watch the Thanksgiving Day Classic. After the game, head outside to toss a football around the yard to get some fresh air, or cheer on your family members outdoors.
- Take in the Fall scenery. Experience the beautiful foliage of Fall and take in the stunning colors and smells. Be sure to dress warm if taking a walk outside, or enjoy the views from the comfort of a car.
- Enjoy Fall-themed coloring pages with your grandchildren. Coloring isn’t just for the very young. Coloring has stress-busting abilities similar to meditating, psychologists say. Get out your best Fall-hued colored pencils and help your loved one print out Fall-themed coloring pages online. Take moment to experience the meditative effects of coloring with the whole family in these stressful times.
- Visit your local pumpkin patch. Picking out pumpkins and gourds is certainly something that can be enjoyed by the whole family. Select the perfect pumpkin and put them to good use by decorating them, carving them, or using them to bake sweet treats. For a safer and less messy option, try painting the pumpkins instead of carving them.
Enjoy these activities on Thanksgiving and in the crisp Fall months. Our Happier at Home caregivers would love to accompany your loved one to any and all of these activities.