Often times families are aware that their loved one may need some extra help at home, but don’t act on it. Whether it’s due to denial, fear, or simply not knowing where to start, families that wait until a crisis occurs find themselves scrambling for help. Educating yourself about local options before the need arises will help to avoid making the wrong decisions. Here’s what to look for:
- What are your needs? Showering, toileting, driving?
- Do you need a licensed agency?
- Are caregivers:
- Insured & bonded
- Drug screened & background checks
- Personal & professional reference checks
- References from clients
- Continuity of caregivers, and Set schedule?