Many people acknowledge that they need help to be able to remain home and independent. Where do you start? Who do you call? The process that we use at Happier At Home is similar to other companies, and helps us to identify your loved one’s needs. It goes something like this:
- Call and tell us more about your specific situation. This will determine how we could best help you, whether non-medical care, or consultation with a Geriatric Care Manager. If you need hands on care, we can point you in the right direction. Be sure to ask:
- Source of payment
- If they are a non-medical company, or do they provide hands on care
- How do you screen your employees
- Do you carry liability, workers’ compensation, disability insurance and bonding?
- What are the minimum required hours per shift?
- An Assessment is completed. This can be done in your home, or in the hospital or rehab center prior to discharge. We will learn about your lifestyle, medical conditions and the kind of assistance that is needed to attain your goals. Topics covered include:
- How caregivers can help to enrich your life
- Ambulation/balance & how it might be improved
- Health and medication issues
- Home cleaning issues
- Transportation needs
- Costs of services
- Possibilities of coverage by long term care insurance or Veterans Benefits
- The Care Plan is created. The care plan is a customized care map to meet your needs. We will work with you to determine a schedule that fits with your needs and lifestyle.
- The best Caregiver is assigned. We will match the best caregiver with your needs and personality.
- The Caregiver will be introduced to you. Care will begin.
Find a Happier at Home location near you to help guide you through this process and alleviate any questions!