Happier at Home provides a multitude of services that help accommodate your unique circumstances. Personal care is one of the many services that Happier at Home provides. By assisting with bathing, grooming, and dressing, your loved one can be able to remain safely in their own homes and communities.
Often referred to as Activities of Daily Living (ADLs), personal care services help support your loved one in remaining in their choice of residence rather than moving to a facility. ADLs are the skills required to help your loved one manage their basic physical needs. Here are some of the ADL’s that our caregivers can help assist with:
· Bathing – showers, tubs, bed baths, and sponge baths
· Positioning – for prevention of pressure ulcers
· Assisting with self-administered medications
· Grooming – routine hair and skin care
· Feeding – adherence to dietary restrictions
· Exercising – including range of motion
· Toileting – incontinence care
· Transfer or ambulation – assistance to and from beds, chairs, etc.
Here are some of the many benefits of choosing this type of care service over a facility or nursing home:
· Helps maintain independence. Choosing personal care services through Happier at Home gives your senior loved one the ability to stay in their home and maintain personal choice and independence.
· Enhanced quality of life and comfort. By providing personal care services, our senior clients are able to live out their lives in the comfort of their own homes and enjoy an enhanced quality of life.
· Personalized needs. Happier at Home recognizes that all individuals’ circumstances are unique, so we come to you no matter where you need us for however long.
· Lower cost. This type of care through Happier at Home is significantly less than that of a nursing home.
· Forming bonds with caregivers. We aim to keep the same caregiver for each visit, giving your loved one the opportunity to form a trusting bond with their caregiver. Our caregivers provide professional and reliable personal care services, with a passion for caring.
From private homes and apartments to skilled nursing facilities, Happier at Home strives to provide excellent personal care services for your loved one while maintaining quality of life and independence.
**Personal care services are only offered at certain locations. Please refer to this page to see if Personal Care Services are offered at your location.**