Cowboy Caviar is an easy, fresh appetizer that can be shared with the whole family during summer celebrations.
· 1/2 cup olive oil
· 1/4 cup granulated sugar or to taste, see notes
· 1/4 cup white wine vinegar
· 1 teaspoon chili powder
· 1 teaspoon Salt
· 1 pound Roma tomatoes seeded and diced
· 1 (15 ounce) can black-eyed peas drained and rinsed
· 15 ounces black beans drained and rinsed
· 11 ounces sweet corn
· 1 red onion diced
· 1 green bell pepper diced
· 1 red bell pepper diced
· 1 cup fresh cilantro or fresh parsley, chopped, from 1 bunch
1. In a large bowl, whisk together the olive oil, sugar, white wine vinegar, chili powder, and salt.
2. Add tomatoes, black-eyed peas, beans, corn, red onion, and bell peppers. Stir to combine.
3. Stir in cilantro. Cover and chill until serving time.
This simple and easy recipe is perfect to whip up on a hot summer day!
Recipe retrieved here