Here’s a cool and refreshing recipe to kick off your Summer—no oven needed! Perfect for a super flavorful lunch, these pitas are packed with fresh veggies and chickpeas to cool you down during those Summer months.
Mediterranean Chopped Salad Pitas
· 1 small head romaine lettuce, chopped
· 1 (15 ounce) can chickpeas, drained and rinsed
· 1 tomato, diced
· 1 small cucumber, diced
· 1 small red pepper, diced
· 1/2 small red onion, diced
· 3/4 cup chopped kalamata olives
· 3/4 cup feta crumbles
· 2 tablespoons chopped fresh dill
· Pita bread, for serving
· 1/4 cup olive oil
· 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
· 1/2 teaspoon dried Italian seasoning
· 1/2 teaspoon salt
· 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
1. Add dressing ingredients to a large bowl and whisk until combined. Next, add all remaining chopped salad ingredients to the bowl and stir until everything is mixed together.
2. Spoon chopped salad mixture into warm pita bread and enjoy!
Recipe retrieved from: https://www.shelikesfood.com/mediterranean-chopped-salad-pitas/