Most elderly people wish to remain independent as they age, and along with that the desire to remain in their home. The mere thought is not enough, one needs to create a roadmap to do so. However, most don’t realize the preparation required past having a home to stay in. We’ve broken down the categories that should be included in your plan to age in place. Educating yourself now will help to avoid a crisis situation.
- Care Concerns
- Home care agencies, ability of family to assist
- Management of Doctors visits and the medical regimen
- Transportation/ Meal preparation
- Home Modifications
- Grab bars
- Accessibility- ramps, stair lift, walk-in shower
- Financial Planning
- Asset protection
- Who will pay bills and monitor credit cards and accounts?
- Dividing up Responsibilities-
- Power of Attorney, Healthcare Proxy, Estate planning
- Liaison for Doctors, Finance, Managing caregivers’ schedule
- In Home Technology
- Personal Emergency Response systems
- Video monitoring/ two-way communication
Our in home caregivers can help you navigate this process and find other avenues for our care to align with your needs! Find a Happier at Home location near you!