Choosing the right home care agency for your aging loved one is an incredibly important decision. Making sure that their needs are met and cared for by an agency that is capable and competent is something that clients’ families prioritize.
There are many questions that should be top of mind when it comes to weighing out your options in order to find the best fit. We compiled a list of the most important questions that you should ask that will help guide your conversation with home care providers:
- Are you licensed for medical care, companion or personal care?
- Do you have nurses who assess health and conduct home safety checks before care begins?
- Is a Registered Nurse involved in overseeing a plan of care?
- How are caregivers hired and assessed?
- Are caregivers drug tested and background checked?
- Are caregivers insured and bonded?
- How are caregivers assigned to clients?
- Is it the same caregiver with my loved one for their scheduled visits?
- How does the agency verify caregivers’ arrival and departure times?
- Are you insured for accidents in the home?
- How flexible and accommodating are the lengths of visits?
- Can you provide a caregiver trained in (your specific care need)?
- Is there someone on call 24/7?
- Are there any virtual care options?
- How are you navigating COVID, which precautions are in place?
- Is there a fee for the assessment?
- How are the services rendered billed?
- Is there a contract when you begin services?
These are just a few of the questions that you should ask to ensure that your senior loved one is getting the quality care that they deserve. At Happier at Home, we are happy to answer these and any other questions that you may have. Additionally, during our assessment and interviews with potential clients we cover this information and much more.
For an overview of our services that we provide click here